Not sure where to start? Fill out our unique form and we will find the best life insurance for you.
Are you looking for an affordable and dependable Houston TX Best Life Insurance policy? If so, let the agents at Best Life Insurance Houston Agency guide you through the process! Our agents have a combined fifteen years of experience helping clients of all life situations find the life insurance policy that gives them peace of mind for when they’re gone.
What is Life Insurance Exactly?
Life insurance is designed to provide financial assistance to your loved ones after you’ve passed. When you purchase a policy, you name a beneficiary. Any death benefits they receive can be used toward funeral expenses, remaining debts, and lost income. Our agency is committed to making it easy and affordable to select a life insurance policy that truly takes care of your loved ones.
Officially, life insurance is a contract between the insured party and the insurance company. The covered party pays a premium in exchange for the guarantee that when they pass, the insurance company will pay out a specific amount of death benefits to the named beneficiaries.
Sounds simple enough, right? In actuality, the entire process of purchasing life insurance is more complicated on the insurer’s end. An insurance company takes on a significant amount of risk when they choose to insure your life. You see, certain considerations have to be taken into account, like your health, family medical history, age, and lifestyle.
Many individuals will be a very low risk for the insurance company and, therefore, will have lower premiums. However, for cancer patients and terminally or chronically ill individuals, the premiums will be much higher. Some insurance companies will deny them coverage due to the risk.
Fortunately, there are alternatives for these individuals. After all, they deserve the same peace of mind that a healthy person gets from knowing their loved ones are taken care of. Over the past decades, life insurance has evolved for the better, becoming more inclusive of people in all life situations.
Houston TX Best Life Insurance offers financial assistance to your beneficiary. This includes helping them pay for funeral costs, remaining debts, and to replace the income you once earned. Death benefits can also be used for childcare and other expenses.
What Elements Affect the Premium Amount?
- Age: Life expectancy will determine your premium amount. The older you become, the greater chance your premiums will increase. However, if your medical exam shows a lack of health crisis, then they may only go up a little bit.
- Gender: Statistically, women outlive men, and for this reason, their premiums are almost always lower.
- Health: Not every policy requires a medical exam. However, these are often a great way to keep your premiums low.
- Lifestyle: Like to live life on the edge? Whether that means you are a regular skydiver or drag racer, expect your life insurance premiums to be high.
- Medical History: If your family has a history of major medical issues like diabetes or cancer, premiums could go up.
- Driving Record: Have a history of DUIs or traffic violations? Your recklessness on the road can cause your life insurance premiums to skyrocket.
Types of Houston TX Best Life Insurance:
Term Life Insurance
Term life insurance is a policy that is more flexible than permanent life policies. This type of life insurance lasts for a specific term, usually ten, fifteen, or thirty years. At that point, you will have to choose whether to renew the policy or opt for a different one. Most individuals will base their policy term on their current life circumstances, health, financial obligations, and future financial goals.
Have you or a family member received a difficult diagnosis recently? Getting the news is never easy. A term life policy can help you establish financial freedom for your beneficiaries when you pass, as long as that happens within the policy term.
The vast majority of life insurance agents help clients select a policy that is based on the following, although this is by no means a one size fits all guideline.
- 10-year term: If you have short-term loans, a terminal illness, or teenagers in your household.
- 15-year term: For families with middle-school children, long-term debts, and for those who are entering retirement.
- 30-year term: Ideal for those with young children and long-term debts, like a 30-year mortgage. This makes it a great option for new homeowners.
- Temporary term: For individuals with older teens that will soon be able to provide for themselves. Also, a good selection if you have short-term loans.
Permanent Life Insurance
When you purchase a permanent life insurance policy, you are covered for life as long as you continue to pay the premiums. There are certain types of permanent policies that do not increase their rates as you age, while others will increase for this and other reasons.
The two most common types of permanent life insurance are universal and whole life. Both of these are also called ‘cash value’ accounts, which means they have a savings account built into them. The money placed into this savings account can be borrowed from, although you should know that your benefits might decrease if the loan is not repaid. Additionally, know that your beneficiaries will not receive whatever is in this savings account when you pass. Instead, the life insurance company takes possession of it.
Whole life is less flexible than a universal life policy. When you purchase the former, you pay a premium in exchange for specific death benefits. The cost of your premiums will increase as you age, but your death benefits will remain the same. Universal life is slightly different in that you can change the premium and benefit amount at any point.
Which is the Houston TX Best Life Insurance for You?
For more information about our personal, retirement, or business plans, visit our website! You can also reach us by phone! Give Best Life Insurance Houston Agency a call for help finding Houston TX Best Life Insurance!
Houston, TX Fun Facts:
- Sam Houston is the namesake of the City of Houston.
- Beneath Downtown Houston, you will find 9-miles of tunnels to explore.
- Visit the Port of Houston and see one of the nation’s busiest ports!
- For more information about Houston, TX, visit the city’s website!